Advanced Technology Recycling (ATR) is a full-service commercial electronic recycling company and offers a wide range of services and logistics options to its customers.
Our commitment to our customers, partners and employees to protect our environment by offering the highest standards in ethics and safety and to focus on continual improvement in our reuse and recycling process establishes us as a pioneer in our industry.
The Pensacola Florida Box Truck Driver will move parts, goods, and other merchandise from one location to another (Commercial Vehicle >8,000 but < than 26,000 lbs. “Straight Truck”)
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate Straight truck in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and Company guidelines, and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Fully comply with all hours-of-service rules.
- Perform regular equipment checks, complete related documentation, and notify supervisor of any unsafe condition.
- Pick up/Deliver products to supplier, client or vendor locations as scheduled and as requested.
- Complete an accurate driver log to be submitted on a daily basis along with other trip sheet, fuel, and maintenance and delivery documentation.
- Notify Site Manager, Supervisor, scheduling personnel and/or customer of any immediate pickup/delivery problems.
- Assist with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed.
- Pick up and load returned products as instructed. Complete all related paperwork.
- Provide basic customer service and assist in resolving related problems. Inspect product for defects as needed.
- Report accidents and complete appropriate paperwork per established mandated and Company procedures.
- Submit to drug and alcohol testing as required under FMCSA and Company guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge of, and comply with, FMCSA and Company requirements and standards.
- Immediately notify Site Manager/Fleet Manager of a problem with license, driving record status and/or medical certification.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
This is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Other job responsibilities, tasks and duties may be assigned as part of this position.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old and be physically qualified to drive a truck in accordance with FMCSA requirements.
- Minimum of 2 year driving experience with a good driving record required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents as well as verbally communicate in a manner sufficient in conversing with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Meets all other DOT standards and requirements.
- Must be able to pass a background screening and random drug testing.
- Able to work on a deadline.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Valid Driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Limited overnight travel.
- Able to lift up to a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Professional Appearance.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, balance and reach.
Advanced Technology Recycling is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment with ATR (company) is “at-will.” This means that neither the employee nor the Company has entered into a contract regarding the terms or the duration of employment. As an at-will employee, the employee is free to terminate employment with the Company at any time, for any reason, and likewise ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY RECYCLING (ATR) may terminate employment at any time with or without notice or cause.