Compliance Manager in Pensacola FL
Come GROW your career with us!
About Advanced Technology Recycling
Advanced Technology Recycling (ATR) is a full-service ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and R2:2015 Certified ITAD Management and electronic recycling company currently headquartered in Pontiac, Illinois but actively accessing Pensacola Region for future relocation . ATR is (International Traffic and Arms Regulations) ITAR registered, compliant and we offer a wide range of services and logistics options to Aerospace, Defense and Military customers.
Our commitment to our customers, partners and employees to protect our environment by offering the highest standards in ethics and safety and to focus on continual improvement in our reuse and recycling process establishes us as a pioneer in our industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO and COO, the Compliance Manager, will oversee the overall compliance of all ATR locations and the compliance team. The Compliance Manager is responsible for managing compliance with the
Company’s Certifications as well as, Environmental, Health, and Safety across the ATR organization.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing compliance personnel; identifying and managing associated training; providing compliance direction for all sites; overseeing audits; reviewing compliance to
certifications and regulatory requirements such as OSHA, Environmental, R2/V3, and ITAR standards/certifications. This position will provide a focused amount of time on the Company’s certification compliance process while also balancing OSHA and Environmental regulatory compliance initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages overall performance of compliance team
• Works closely with management, compliance, and operations teams to ensure all federal and state requirements and processes are being followed and up to date.
• Ensures company standards and procedures are followed including but not limited to certification and regulatory compliance.
• Develops and oversees control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
• Evaluates the efficiency of controls and identifies continuous improvement initiatives
• Revises procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
• Drafts modifies, and implement regulatory and certification company policies
• Collaborates with corporate counsels and HR to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
• Assesses the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
• Reviews the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
• Keeps abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
• Prepares reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate
• Travels to all locations to perform Compliance Audits
• Contiguously ensures that all OSHA, R2, and ITAR standards and certifications are met
• Builds and fosters team cohesion.
• Supports the values and mission of ATR
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, management, or similar field with a minimum of 3 years of compliance and auditing experience working with multiple locations or an equivalent combination of
education and experience required to successful perform the essential functions of the position.
• Demonstrated experience as a Compliance Manager.
• Minimum of 5 years of Management and Leadership experience preferred.
• Proficient knowledge of Environmental & OSHA standards is required
• ISO Certification is a plus
• Experience working with ITAR and R2 Certifications desired
• Certified compliance professional is a plus
• Auditing experience is required
• Experience managing Certifications Processes
• Proficient knowledge of ITAR and R2 certification process
• Proficient knowledge of Environmental, Health and Safety/OSHA compliance.
• Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
• Problem-solving aptitude
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Excellent people skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Excellent leadership and decision-making skills including goal setting, motivating, training, and mentorship
· Good organization and time management
· Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Keen strategic thinking and planning
· Understanding of budget management and financial monitoring
· Effective conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
· In-depth knowledge of the industry a plus
• Professional appearance
• Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
• Overnight travel is required
• Travel up to 50% of the time is required
Advanced Technology Recycling is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment with ATR (company) is “at-will.” This means that neither the employee nor the Company has entered into a contract regarding the terms or the duration of employment. As an at-will employee, the employee is free to terminate employment with the Company at any time, for any reason, and likewise
ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY RECYCLING (ATR) may terminate employment at any time with or without notice or cause.