General Manager Eastern Region (Pensacola, FL)
About Advanced Technology Recycling
Advanced Technology Recycling (ATR) is a full-service ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and
R2:2015 Certified ITAD Management and electronic recycling company headquartered in
Pontiac, Illinois. ATR is (International Traffic and Arms Regulations) ITAR registered, compliant
and we offer a wide range of services and logistics options to Aerospace, Defense and Military
Our commitment to our customers, partners and employees to protect our environment by
offering the highest standards in ethics and safety and to focus on continual improvement in our
reuse and recycling process establishes us as a pioneer in our industry.
Reporting directly to the CEO and COO, the General Manager, will oversee our five Eastern
locations in the US with Pensacola, FL being the homebased area for this position.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the assigned region’s overall operations and
sales initiatives, including but not limited to overseeing the management teams, operations,
sales, developing goals, developing solutions to meet client needs, overseeing large projects,
and budget management.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Designs strategy and sets key performance goals for overall business growth
• Manages overall performance of operations and sales staff ensuring key performance
goals are established and met.
• Manages resources optimizing effective and efficient utilization to include but not be
limited to: services, personnel, and equipment.
• Ensures business units deliver quality offerings to clients.
• Works closely with operations and sales to retain and grow customer base.
• Identifies and develops new solutions to meet client needs
• Identifies and leads improvement initiatives focused on internal processes, better
productivity, and cost initiatives.
• Oversees large projects and interprets performance reports.
• Manages budgets and monitors the financial health of a location or business unit.
• Manages and analyzes data and provides solutions to issues (e.g., profit decline,
employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors)
• Ensures company standards and procedures are followed including but not limited to
certification and regulatory compliance.
• Plans, evaluates, and optimizes operations to be efficient and cost-effective.
• Ensures products and services comply with regulatory and quality standards.
• Builds and fosters team cohesion.
• Supports the values and mission of ATR
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be
performed by this employee.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, management, or similar field
preferred; Masters is a plus.
Job Title: General Manager — (Eastern Region)
Reports to: CEO & COO
Department: Eastern Region Operations
FLSA: Exempt Position
• Demonstrated experience as a General Manager or executive role.
• Minimum of 5 years of Management and Leadership experience preferred. Experience
in Electronic Recycling work environment a plus.
• Knowledge of computers and computer systems is a plus.
• Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent people skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent leadership and decision-making skills including goal setting, motivating,
training, and mentorship
• Good organization and time management
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Keen strategic thinking and planning
• Understanding of budget management and financial monitoring
• Effective conflict resolution
• In-depth knowledge of the industry is a plus
• Professional appearance
• Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
• Overnight travel is required
Advanced Technology Recycling is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity
in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Employment with ATR (company) is “at-will.” This means that neither the employee nor the
Company has entered into a contract regarding the terms or the duration of employment. As an
at-will employee, the employee is free to terminate employment with the Company at any time,
for any reason, and likewise ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY RECYCLING (ATR) may terminate
employment at any time with or without notice or cause