Class A Commercial Driver Wanted for Pensacola, FL
Local Class A CDL Driver duties include general driving but not limited to tractor/ trailer Class A CDL
This position qualifies for a sign-on bonus, ask for details.
- Operate tractor/ trailer in accordance with Department of Transportation and Company guidelines, and in a safe and efficient manner. Fully comply with all hours of service rules. Perform regular equipment checks, complete related documentation and notify supervisor of any unsafe condition
- Deliver products to dealer locations as scheduled and as requested. Notify Site Manager, Supervisor, scheduling personnel and/or customer of any immediate delivery problems
- Assist with unloading trucks and warehousing and/or palletizing at customer locations as needed. Pick up and load returned products as instructed. Complete all related paperwork.
- Provide basic customer service related to deliveries and assist in resolving related problems. Inspect product for defects as needed
- Complete an accurate driver log to be submitted on a daily basis along with other trip sheet, fuel, and maintenance and delivery documentation.
- Report accidents and complete appropriate paperwork per established mandated and Plant procedures
- Submit to drug and alcohol testing as required under DOT and Company guidelines
- Maintain current knowledge of, and comply with, CDL/Dot and Company/Plant requirements and standards.
- Immediately notify supervisor of a problem with CDL, driving record status and/or medical certification.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years old and by physically qualified to drive a truck in accordance with DOT requirements
- Must have ability to read and speak English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, and to make entries on reports and records
- 2 year CDL experience with a good driving records
- Meets all other DOT standards and requirements
- Must be able to pass a background screening and random drug testing
- Able to work on a deadline
- Able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Good organizational skills/ able to work in a tram environment
- Class A CDL and high school Diploma
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U. S. or a U.S. resident.
Advanced Technology Recycling is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Depending on the volume of interests and submissions, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job description. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Advanced Technology Recycling will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you regarding future opportunities.
Advanced Technology Recycling (ATR) is a full service ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and R2:2015 Certified ITAD Management and electronic recycling company headquartered in Pontiac, Illinois. ATR is (International Traffic and Arms Regulations) ITAR registered, compliant and we offer a wide range of services and logistics options to Aerospace, Defense and Military customers. Our commitment to our customers, partners and employees to protect our environment by offering the highest standards in ethics and safety and to focus on continual improvement in our reuse and recycling process establishes us as a pioneer in our industry.